A chatbot is a type of software that can help users by automating conversations and interacting with them through messaging platforms.
Users can interact with the chatbot using two ways -
- 1.Structured pre-defined steps - In this, the creator can define the steps, flows, UI, and actions that a user can access. The user has to choose specific paths to reach what they are looking for.
- 2.Free-flowing conversation - In this, the creator can define an answer to a list of probable questions. Using machine learning, the system will further make more such combinations of questions to which a particular answer can be applied. This is more like a real conversation with users but here also the boundary is what answers have been already defined by the creator.
Chatbots can be utilized for -
- 1.Discovery - Creator can enable the discovery of content, programs, apps, etc. for its users.
- 2.Query resolution - User's queries can be resolved related to anything for which a help section is required.
- 3.Updates and Announcements - Creator can put personalize updates and announcements for its users to consume
- 4.Contexual engagement - Creator can allow users to engage with the platform better with contexual popup of chatbot in scenarios such as while user leaving the page, to explain content better on a page, etc.
The above capabilities of Multi-Channel Chatbot are derived from components of Sunbird UCI. You can find details by clicking on the link here